Today there are many different social networking sites out there. In our technical writing class we are gaining experience through different social networking sites. Our class has created pages or groups on several different social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Blog, and even Pinterest, Tumbl’r, and Instagram!
The author of this post came up with 10 different questions for you to ask yourself before joining a new social network.
- Is your audience there?
- Does the network solve a unique problem for your audience?
- Will it make it easier for your audience to share your content?
- How much effort is required to be successful?
- Will it help you reach new audiences?
- Is it the best tool for reaching your goals?
- How do you measure success?
- Do you have buy-in from management?
- can you describe your success to your colleagues
- Will you know how and when to cut and run?
This article gives several interesting different questions that can help you find which social network may be right for you. In my opinion, I would say if you have the time you could use a few different social networks and see which one works best for you. It may be hard to answer some of these questions straight on, so I would recommend trying some sites out and experimenting and seeing what works best.